When we started this blog, I did not think it would get to be so personal, but now that we have opened up to you, I figured hell why stop there? Here are 5 things you never knew about me…And you may wish you didn’t after you read them.
1. I pee in the shower. Listen! A lot of people do this and while I am sure Cody is cringing as I am making this super public, there are some specific reasons why I do this. First of all, it’s the only place I can stand up and pee! Men have it so easy – they can just whip it out and point it just about anywhere and release the hounds. I am not peeing all over the place, just in the shower, and sometimes first thing in the morning when you stumble out of bed and into that warm shower, you forget the toilet step. Second of all it goes down the drain unlike the remains of a certain someone’s farmer hanky! I CLEAN THE TUB, and would much rather wash away what little urine residue there is than scrape off boogers from the walls of the shower!
2. I have a unibrow. Anyone from my childhood can confirm this. I am French Canadian/Portuguese. I have hair and it grows thick in the worst places – my big toe, atop my feet and even in between my eyes. In our household growing up there were two main rules: 1) No boys until you are 16, and 2) No makeup/hair removal until you are 16.
Now let’s think this one through…At the age of 16 you are already in high school for about a year. Kids in high school are not nice…I mean they made a whole movie about how mean they can be! Now you’re telling me you want me to try and accept myself for who I am (because this was the purpose of the rule) when I am in the awkward stage of puberty, and I have a thick caterpillar adorning my eyes!? EFF THAT! Thank God I didn’t listen to my parents…about the hair removal, that is!
3. I am 24 and have A TON of grey hair. I do! I have been dyeing my hair since I was allowed to, which was 16, and ever since then the greys have come back. I go as far as to pluck out my grey hairs between colouring. AND I love my hair dark, which leaves little room for missing that touch-up appointment. My mom went grey young…and some of the other sisters are grey too… Shhhhh! I didn’t tell you!
4. I don’t like pizza. I know, I know, what’s wrong with me!?!? People crave pizza, and I could care less if I never had it again. I can tell the difference between GOOOOOD pizza and bad pizza, but either way it’s just pizza! It’s no cheeseburger and fries. Whenever Cody says that we are having pizza, his advisement is always followed by “I know you don’t care for it, but normal people do” and a roll of the eyes. Hey, if liking pizza means being normal, then sign me up for the freak festival! Step right up ladies and gents for the weirdly amusing, one eyebrowed-grey-haired young lady who hates pizza! People will travel the world! I can see it now!
5. The fifth and final confession of this Weather Vane sister is…I am deathly afraid of ants. I hate them. I HATE those large patches of them that just seem to show up for no reason…they send shivers down my spine. There is no reason for this – I have never been tortured by them other than of late with them invading our kitchen. But I hate them. Ew. Yuck. Ants.
Well those are my five truths that are truer than true – and I know you share some of them with me, whether you want to admit it or not.