When I turned 20, I had plans for myself – that by the age of 25 I would be married with at least one baby! To some this may be absolutely insane, but for me it is all I have ever wanted in life. I did not dream of becoming something more than a mother and a wife; the job portion was back burner. I went to high school and then after I went to college, but during the entire time when people were planning their careers, I was falling in love. I could not tell you why I wanted this for myself, and it’s funny how plans never go as planned.
Instead of babies and a marriage, Cody and I have bought our house, welcomed two of my nieces and my nephew into this world, and said goodbye to a niece/nephew. I have congratulated Toni on her engagement, I said goodbye to Dee when she embarked on her journey. Our family grew in numbers, grew in love and grew closer together, closer than I ever imagined our family would be.
This year I will be turning 25, and I have decided lovely readers, friends, family and blog browsers, to make a list. A list of 25 things to do before 25! Sorry to disappoint, but it is not the bungee-jumping list.
1. Walk more to explore than as a means of transportation. A good friend once told me that walking made him look at our sleepy little town in a different way! So that’s what I plan to do, with my pups by my side.
2. Grow a garden. Please take note I did not add “vegetable” into that line. If you ask Cody, he will roll his eyes at this one because I have attempted this before…and horribly failed. But I think I went too big too soon. This time smaller scale for a bigger impact!
3. PLAN MY WEDDING. I’m a horrible procrastinator.
4. Try to cook with a new food. I love to cook, but find myself never straying far from my comfort zone.
5. Try not to sweat the small stuff, and it’s all small stuff.
6. (Jeeeeze I have to make 25 of these!) Enjoy this summer!
7. Go canoeing this summer.
8. Hike with my sisters. (They don’t know yet that they are involved HA)
9. Be more involved with my nieces and nephews. I am insanely jealous of the time Toni is spending with them. And although it is for a particular reason, I can not help but have the green monster sneak up on my shoulder when she talks about her time with them.
10. Sleep more. This one is really simple. And it’s just because I want to!
11. Work harder, but work less.
12. Walk my dogs more… Regardless of the season.
13. Try to get Cody out of the house more.
14. Dance till the morning sun comes up.
15. Drink more wine! I’m Portuguese. This is supposed to be in my blood.
16. Spend more time with Cody ‘s family. His grandma is such an amazing and strong lady! You can see so much of her in Cody’s dad and his siblings.
17. Try to keep up with the house cleaning/laundry. As I am writing this there is a mountain of laundry to fold…I am a bad housewife.
18. Spend more time with my Dad, apart from the family occasions – more just-because time.
19. Learn more about mine and Cody’s family trees. The way-back years. We started to do this with Ancestory.com, and WOW. The things we have discovered (for a future post to come).
20. Get organized. This originally was written as more organized but let’s be honest…just organized would be great.
21. Welcome the Stuehler Baby into the world. (Love you Ashley.)
22. Listen. I am a talker, and I find myself wanting to start talking over people during conversations. So I want to listen more and talk less (I am already setting myself up for disaster!).
23. Have more momma and me moments. At this point she is working her a$$ off for her CGA, but there will be times between courses that this can happen.
24. Reach my fitness goal!
25. BE HAPPY! Find the silver lining in every day.
So there is my list – some of them are cheaters, but I am feeling pretty confident that I can get this list done, and if not then there are always New Year’s resolutions!